Public Health supports schools to improve the health and well-being of students and staff, both in the classroom and within the school community. Our staff can:
- Provide information and recommend resources to support teachers with the Health and Physical Education (H&PE) curriculum
- Consult with teachers and school staff on school health initiatives
For questions about H&PE curriculum topics, resources and health initiatives at your school call our School Health Curriculum Resource Line at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our recommended resources, lesson plans and tools align with the 2015 Ontario H&PE curriculum, and are available for the following curriculum expectations and topics:
- Healthy Eating
- Human Development and Sexual Health
- Oral Health
- Personal Safety and Injury Prevention
- Physical Activity
- Positive Mental Health
- Substance Use, Addictions and Related Behaviours
Ophea provides H&PE curriculum-based lesson plans, programs and activities to support teachers in the classroom. These resources are directly linked to H&PE curriculum expectations. For access, use your school board email address to create an Ophea account.