We are happy to offer a FREE online prenatal program to individuals and families who are pregnant or have a new baby and live in Wellington County, Dufferin County or the City of Guelph. The online program provides information about having a healthy pregnancy, labour and birth, medical interventions, caring for a newborn and breastfeeding.
The program is web-based and mobile friendly. It includes audio, videos, animations, interactive learning activities, and links to local resources and trustworthy websites. The program can be completed at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home–or wherever you have access to the Internet. Once you create an account, you will have access to the program for one year.
View a demonstration of the program:
When do I register?
Register by completing an online prenatal program registration form. Once you complete this form, you will receive an email with a code to access the course.
When should I take the program?
We recommend registering as early in your pregnancy as possible to get the most out of this program. However, you are welcome to register anytime during pregnancy or the first months after your baby is born.
What topics are covered?
The online prenatal program includes four eClasses with multiple chapters in each. Each class is about two to four hours to complete with flexibility to do each section at your own pace, and to view material more than once.
The following topics are covered:
- Understanding pregnancy: covers changes during pregnancy, prenatal care, nutrition, physical activity, discomforts, hazards and emotions
- Understanding birth: covers labour, birth stories, comfort techniques, medical procedures, caesarean births and postpartum topics
- Understanding breastfeeding: covers how breastfeeding works, when to feed your baby, getting enough milk and breast care
- Understanding your newborn: covers newborn traits, behaviours, crying and comforting, diapering, bathing, nail care and dressing, health and safety
What technology do I need?
An active email address is required to register. You can access this program from any computer or mobile device. You will also need high speed internet.
Need help? For questions about registering or about the program, please call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006 or send an email to email@example.com.
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) is committed to providing programs and services that meet the needs of our community. In order to do so, we are asking for some information about you and how you learned about our program. Any changes we make to how we provide and/or promote our prenatal and new parent programs and services will benefit other future parents.
- Additional Information
- It is your choice whether to answer the optional questions on the registration form. You can still register for the Online Prenatal and New Parent Program hosted by InJoy even if you choose not to answer them. The questions will take about one minute to answer.
- You can answer some or all of the optional questions. Once your registration form is submitted, you will be unable to change or remove your answers because we won’t know which answers belong to you.
- Your answers are confidential. The data files will be kept in a computer folder that can be accessed only by the members of the project team. They will be deleted after six years.
- The data from the registration form will be summarized in a report that will be used by WDGPH to improve prenatal and new parent programs and services. Some results may also be shared with the Board of Health, WDGPH staff, other public health agencies or the public in the form of a report, presentation, infographic, social media posts or web page (www.wdgpublichealth.ca).
- Any results that are shared will not identify you.
- The WDGPH Research Ethics Committee approved this project. Contact Julian Martalog if you have any ethical questions or concerns at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4370 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- WDGPH is committed to providing help to people with disabilities. If you require help answering the registration questions, contact WDGPH Client and Community Support at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006 or email@example.com We will work with you to meet your needs.
- If you have any questions about the Online Prenatal and New Parent Program, the evaluation process or the registration form, contact Rachel McDougall at WDGPH at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4298
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) is committed to providing programs and services that meet the needs of our community. In order to do so, we need to evaluate how the Online Prenatal and New Parent Program is being used and how we can improve it. For this reason, we will be looking at:
- How much time you spend in the program
- What parts of the program you participate in
- Your survey responses
Any improvements we make based on your program use and feedback will benefit others who use this program in the future.
- Additional information
- It is your choice whether to use the online program provided and hosted by InJoy. You can only create an account and access the program if you accept InJoy’s Terms and Conditions.
- Select WDGPH and InJoy employees have administrative access to the online program. These employees will be able to see the name and email address you use to set up your InJoy account, as well as the time you spent in the program, your chapter quiz results and your survey responses.
- You can choose to create an InJoy account with a username instead of your real name and a made-up email address instead of your active email address if you prefer. Just make sure you remember the information you used to set up your account so you will be able to log in to the program. If you use a made-up email address, InJoy will be unable to send you an email to reset your password if you forget it.
- It is your choice to do or not do any surveys, quizzes or notes within the program. The surveys take about five minutes in each of the four eClasses to complete. The services you receive from WDGPH and InJoy will not be affected by your decision not to participate or by any answers you give. All other notes you make in the program are protected by your password (i.e., not seen by WDGPH or InJoy).
- You can choose to have a program completion certificate emailed to you at the end of each eClass even if you prefer not to complete the wrap-up survey. Submit a blank survey and you will be asked if you wish to receive a completion certificate. This is only possible if you use an active email address to set up your account with InJoy.
- You can answer some or all of the survey questions or chapter quizzes. You can also stop the surveys or quizzes at any time. Your InJoy account will be active for 365 days. As long as your account is active, you are able to change or remove your survey answers. However, once your data has been exported from the program and your identifying information (i.e., name and email address) has been removed, WDGPH can no longer remove your answers because we won’t know which answers belong to you.
- Your quiz and survey answers are confidential. Only WDGPH and InJoy employees who have administrative access to the program will be able to see your answers.
- Any data WDGPH uses for program evaluation will have your identifying information (i.e., name and email address) removed. The data will be kept in a secure folder on a password-protected computer for six years, then permanently deleted.
- The results of the evaluation findings will be summarized in a report that will be used by WDGPH to improve the online program. Some results may also be shared with the Board of Health, WDGPH staff, other public health agencies or the public in the form of a report, presentation, infographic, social media posts or web page (www.wdgpublichealth.ca). Any results that are shared will not identify you.
- The WDGPH Research Ethics Committee approved this project. Contact Julian Martalog if you have any ethical questions or concerns at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WDGPH is committed to providing help to people with disabilities. If you require help answering the surveys within the online program, contact Client and Community Support at WDGPH at 1-800- 265-7293 ext. 7006 or email@example.com. We will work with you to meet your needs.
- If you have any questions about the Online Prenatal and New Parent Program, the evaluation process or survey questions, contact Rachel McDougall at WDGPH at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4298.