Are your child’s vaccinations up-to-date?  If not, book an appointment with your family doctor or visit one of our Public Health clinics to get the vaccine(s) your child needs.

If you’re not sure what vaccines your child needs for school, see the Publicly Funded Immunization Schedule for Ontario (PDF, 8 pages, 636 KB), talk to your healthcare provider or call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4746 to speak with a nurse about questions on vaccine requirements. For general vaccine questions call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4744.

Report your child’s vaccinations

Did you know that it is your responsibility to report your child’s vaccinations to Public Health? You can report your child’s vaccines in many ways:

Keep track of your child’s immunizations by using the Immunize Canada app.

Requirements for school

By law, children must be immunized against the following diseases to attend school:

  • Tetanus
  • Diphtheria
  • Polio
  • Measles
  • Mumps
  • Rubella (German measles)
  • Meningococcal disease (meningitis)
  • Pertussis (whooping cough)
  • Varicella (chickenpox) – for children born on or after January 1, 2010

Get fact sheets on these diseases and vaccines.

In Ontario, the Immunization of School Pupils Act requires that all children attending schools be fully immunized or have a valid exemption on file.

From time to time we hold vaccination clinics in high schools and elementary schools. When those clinics are scheduled, they’ll be listed on this page.

Grade 7 vaccination program

Do you have a child in grade 7? If so, do you know that Public Health will be at your child’s school to give three vaccines? Your child will get a consent form (PDF, 4 pages, 188 KB) from school in September for the following vaccines:

  • Meningococcal
  • Hepatitis B
  • Human Papillomavirus

Get fact sheets on these diseases and vaccines.

Fill out the consent form and return it to your child’s school. If your child is absent from school, you can still book an appointment with Public Health to have these vaccinations done. Have questions about these vaccines? Speak with a public health nurse at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4746.


Complete the Exemption from School Vaccination form (PDF, 1 page, 240 KB) to exempt your child from one or more vaccinations. Submit this completed form to Public Health with one of the following legal documents:

  • Statement of Medical Exemption signed by a physician or nurse practitioner
  • Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Affidavit signed by one of the following authorized commissioners who may charge a fee for service:
    • Clerk, deputy clerk or treasurer of a local municipality
    • Head of municipal council
    • Reeve or deputy reeve of town
    • Member of city council
    • Administrative head (building standards, welfare, assessment or planning)
    • Barrister or solicitor allowed to practice law in Ontario
    • Provincial judge or justice of the peace