We’re here to support you throughout your pregnancy. Through our Let’s Talk Parenting telephone support line, you can connect with knowledgeable people to answer your questions.
Our prenatal programs can help you have a healthy and positive pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenting experience. There are many options to choose from – and you don’t have to pick just one! Getting similar information in more than one way can help the information stick.
Learning about pregnancy, birth and caring for a newborn during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits:
- Better mental health for mom
- Feeling more prepared for birth
- More babies start and continue breastfeeding
- Higher satisfaction with partner and the parent-baby relationship after birth
Let’s Talk Parenting support line
- Call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 to speak to a public health nurse. We can answer your questions about pregnancy, breastfeeding, infant/child health, feeding, postpartum concerns, child health and safety. We can also connect you with other supports in the community.
Let’s Talk Pregnancy e-newsletter
Please note: the Let’s Talk Pregnancy e-newsletter is on pause due to COVID-19 response, but you can still view past issues. For pregnancy information, please sign up to our free online prenatal program.
Subscribe to Let’s Talk Pregnancy, our e-newsletter about all things pregnancy. Each month will focus on a current pregnancy topic like saving money on baby items, baby wearing, preparing for labour and birth and tips to avoid environmental toxins.
Online prenatal program
A free program that lets you learn at your own pace, where and when you want to. Sign up early in pregnancy to get the most out of the program!
One-to-one prenatal support
Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC)
HBHC is a parenting support program for pregnant women and parents with young children.
We can work with you on:
- Healthy pregnancy and getting ready for the baby
- Practising new parenting ideas
- What to expect as your child grows
- Coping with life stress, like money and housing
We can also link you with other services in your community.
It’s free, and we come to your home! To find out more, call Let’s Talk Parenting at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616.
Planning to breastfeed?
Complete this prenatal checklist (PDF, 2 pages, 269 KB) to help you think about things you can do now to make breastfeeding easier when your baby is born. Share your list with your healthcare provider.