By protecting the health of individuals, families and communities, and by promoting healthy behaviours, Public Health helps you stay well.
Public Health provides the health information and services you need to be as healthy and safe as possible wherever you live, learn, work or play.
Our Mission: Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health uses an innovative approach to deliver evidence-informed programs and services to meet the distinctive needs of our communities.
- Run immunization, sexual health, travel health and dental health clinics.
- Provide parenting programs and services to help families ensure their children are as healthy and safe as possible.
- Monitor environmental hazards and respond to health emergencies or disease outbreaks.
- Inspect all food vendors to ensure they are handling food safely.
- Inspect pools, spas, salons and tattoo and piercing establishments for infection control.
- Inspect infection control practices of any health care professional if a complaint is received from the public.
- Advocate for public policy and legislation at the local, provincial and federal government levels to support healthy lifestyles.
- Conduct and share results of health research on local populations while offering health expertise and advice to community partners.
- Advise healthcare workers regarding disease outbreaks and other health matters.
- Ensure every student has up-to-date immunization records with Public Health so they can attend school.
- Enforce the ban on selling tobacco products to minors and support the Smoke-Free Ontario Act.
We are governed by a Board of Health.
We are guided by our Strategic Plan and provide an annual Community Report.