Need a little help? Speak to a public health nurse.
Contact our Client and Community Support team at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006 or email email@example.com.
Public health nurses can answer your questions about pregnancy, parenting, infant feeding and child health. Get confidential advice, help accessing programs and services, information about community supports and resources and more. We can help with:
- Breastfeeding support
- Feeding Cues
- Community Supports
- Formula feeding support
- Preparing formula safely
- Paced bottle feeding
- Skin-to-Skin information
- Prenatal Health and Pregnancy support
- Online Prenatal Program
- Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC) program
- Child Growth and Development support
- Safe Sleeping Practices
- Developmental Milestones (i.e., LookSee Checklist)
- Car Seat Safety
- Hygiene and Oral Care
- Toilet Learning
- Physical Activity
- Parenting questions and concerns from infant to teen years
Community supports and resources
EarlyON Child and Family Centres
EarlyON Child and Family Centres offer safe and welcoming environments open to all families with young children where they can make connections, find support and advice about parenting and child development and access resources and a network of community supports and specialized services.
- Dufferin Basics
The first three years are crucial for your child’s development, as this is when 80% of brain development takes place. The Basics offer five simple, science-based principles to incorporate into your daily routine to nurture your child’s growth.
The Dufferin Basics Initiative works through a range of organizations to ensure that every parent and caregiver is fully supported to use the Dufferin Basics practices in everyday life.
Addictions, mental health and crisis services
Here 24/7 Waterloo Wellington (Guelph and Wellington County Residents):1-844-437-3247
- Here 24/7 is your front door to the addictions, mental health, and crisis services provided by 11 agencies across Waterloo Wellington. They do the intake, assessment, and referrals for most local government funded addictions and mental health services.
24.7 Crisis Support Peel Dufferin (Dufferin County residents): 1-888-811-2222
24.7 Crisis Support Peel Dufferin is a voluntary community crisis service that is comprised of a team of crisis support workers who are registered social workers, nurses and occupational therapists. Individuals can call for direct support or to request help for someone they are concerned about. A crisis support worker will speak to you over the telephone to assess the nature of the crisis and to put a plan in place to ensure safety and support.
Kids Help Phone: Call 1-800-668-6868 or text: 686868
- Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7 e-mental health service offering free, confidential support to young people in English and French.
Referrals to developmental services for children
Here4Kids is the access point for the Growing Great Kids System of Care. They can connect you with:
- Speech and language services
- Occupational therapy
- Children’s mental health and developmental services
- Healthy Babies Healthy Children program
Call 1-844-4KIDS11 (1-844-454-3711) to get connected to a service coordinator.
SmartStart Hub at ErinoakKids
The SmartStart Hub at ErinoakKids can support you in accessing the services and supports available in Peel, Halton and Dufferin regions. With one call, families are connected to relevant services as early as possible.
Call 905-855-2690 ext. 9 or 1-877-374-6625