2023-24 High School Immunization Clinics

Book an appointment online

Public Health provides free vaccinations to high school students that are overdue for mandatory ISPA vaccines (tetanus, diptheria, pertussis, measles, mumps, rubella and meningoccocal) and recommended vaccines (Human Papillomavirus (HPV), hepatits B and chickenpox). Students can receive these vaccines at their primary care provider or at their high school’s in-school clinic taking place this school year. Students can also book an appointment to receive their vaccines at public health by calling 1-800-265-7293 ext 7006.

Remember to report your immunizations to public health if you get them from your primary care provider. For more information about school immunizations, visit School and Child Care Immunizations.

Clinic Dates

Students can make an appointment at their high school clinic through our online booking site at wdgpublichealth.ca/appointments.

IMPORTANT: Students must book at the high school they attend. An OHIP number is needed to book online. If the student does not have an OHIP number, please call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006 to book.

Learn more about school vaccines

Vaccine Fact Sheets

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Please review the following FAQs if you have questions about school vaccinations. If your question is not answered here, you can call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006.

Will I be suspended from school if I do not get vaccinated?

Students who do not have complete immunization records can be suspended from school under the Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA). Please ensure that the mandatory vaccines are up to date and reported to Public Health as soon as possible. More information about required immunizations can be found at School and Child Care Immunizations.

Do I need parental consent to get vaccinated?

Anyone getting any vaccine must be able to provide informed consent or have consent from a parent or guardian. Informed consent means that you understand:

  • what the vaccine involves (for example, how it is given and what possible side effects there may be)
  • why it is recommended
  • the risks and benefits of getting or not getting it

You may want to talk to a teacher, parent or adult that you trust before getting vaccinated.

If someone under 18 is unable to provide informed consent to receive the vaccine (for example, for medical reasons), they will need consent from someone who can make a decision on their behalf, such as a parent or legal guardian.

Is it safe to receive more than one vaccine at a time?

Yes. Your immune system can easily handle many vaccines at once. Receiving multiple vaccines is safe, convenient and ensures the best protection for you.


Can I get the school vaccinations if I was just vaccinated for COVID-19?

Yes. On September 28, 2021,the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) updated its recommendations on the co-administration of COVID-19 vaccines with other vaccines. Based on NACI’s review of the effectiveness and safety of COVID-19 vaccines, NACI recommends that non-COVID-19 vaccines may be given on the same day, or at any time before or after the COVID-19 vaccine.

What are the side effects?

Common side effects are redness, tenderness and swelling at the injection site on the arm. Some may experience a headache, fever and fatigue.

How can I check or update my vaccination record?

Please visit immunizewdg.ca to view the record online. You can also contact our vaccine records department at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006 or email vaccine.records@wdgpublichealth.ca. More information can be found at our School and Child Care Immunizations page.

I am a remote learner. How can I get my immunizations?

You may contact your primary care provider or make an appointment at public health by calling 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006.

Will the COVID-19 vaccine be offered at the school clinics?

No. Please visit wdgpublichealth.ca/appointments to book online or call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006. Anyone age 6 months and older is eligible for COVID-19 vaccine.

How can I catch up if I miss the in-school clinic?

You may contact your primary care provider or make an appointment at public health by calling 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006.

How can I get an exemption from vaccinations?

Vaccines required for school attendance under the Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA) will need a valid religious or conscientious exemption form completed. Visit School and Child Care Immunizations for more information.

What if I cannot receive the vaccines for medical reasons?

Visit School and Child Care Immunizations for instructions on medical exemptions and to download a form to be completed by your primary care provider. 

Can I make an appointment at public health for these vaccines?

Public Health is hosting immunization clinics at high schools in December 2023. Students can book an appointment online at wdgpublichealth.ca/appointments. Students will need an OHIP number to book online. If the student does not have an OHIP number or they need assistance, please call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006.

If the student is unable to attend the high school clinic, you can make an appointment at public health by calling 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006.