Client and Community Support Team

Ask a public health nurse your questions and get confidential advice, help accessing programs and services, information about community supports and resources and more.

Please note: This service is not for medical advice or emergencies.

  • For non-emergency medical advice, Health Connect Ontario (Health811) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by dialing 8-1-1.
  • For medical emergencies, call 9-1-1 immediately or visit the closest hospital emergency room.

What kind of support can I get when I call?

You can speak to a public health nurse for health- and non-health-related questions or get help accessing public health programs and services. Some common topics include:

Who should contact us?

Residents of Wellington County, Dufferin County and the City of Guelph can contact our Client and Community Support team. We can also answer questions from healthcare providers, congregate settings, community partners, businesses, schools, dental care providers, child care providers and other community settings and providers.

Can I ask questions anonymously?

Yes, you can choose to remain anonymous when calling if you prefer. If using email or social media to contact us, the name used on the platform will be visible to us.

Can I call after hours?

Yes. If you call after hours, please leave a message and your call will be returned the next business day. We also aim to respond to after-hours emails and social media messages within one business day.