As outlined in section 10 of Ontario Regulation 503/17: Recreational Camps, all operators of recreational overnight camps are required to:
- Notify Public Health 30 days in advance of operating each season. You can do that by completing the online notification form.
- Submit a camp safety plan to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to opening inspection.
In addition to reviewing Ontario Regulation 503/17, operators are advised to review the resource below when developing a camp safety plan and any associated policies and procedures.
- Guidance for Developing a Camp Safety Plan (May 2022)
Other Resources for Camps
- Recreational water
- Food safety
- Drinking water systems
- Health Canada - Extreme heat and health
- Health Canada - Protecting children from extreme heat
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
General Cleaning and Disinfection
- Public Health Ontario - Cleaning and disinfection for public settings
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Cleaning and disinfecting public spaces during COVID-19
- Health Canada - Hard surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers
Posters and Signs