About school-based immunizations
Hepatitis B, Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and Meningococcal immunizations are provided at no cost to Grade 7 students annually through the school-based immunization program. Due to COVID-19, this program was suspended during the 2020-21 school year. The program resumed for the 2021-2022 school year and public health is offering these vaccinations in school to Grade 7 and 8 students this year in the fall of 2021 (complete) and the Spring of 2022.
See our FAQs about grade 7 and 8 school vaccinations for answers to questions about filling out the consent form, what to do for students who have received part of their series, common side effects, what to do if your child misses the school clinic and more.
How to book a school immunization appointment at Public Health
- Clinic dates and locations available through the online system are listed below. Not all locations in the online booking system offer Grade 7 & 8 Immunizations. Please refer to the schedule below before going to book online.
- After you choose a location, select Grade 7 & 8 Immunizations as your appointment type. Available dates and times will show up on the calendar and drop-downs.
- Once you add your contact details and submit, you will be asked to complete a consent questionnaire. A link to the consent will also be available in your appointment confirmation email and text. Please complete the consent prior to your appointment.
Grade 7 & 8 Immunization Clinics
|Clinic Locations||Clinic Dates|
|WDG Public Health - Fergus Office
490 Charles Allan Way, Fergus
November 29: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
|WDG Public Health - Orangeville Office
180 Broadway, Orangeville
December 1: 12:00 PM – 6:30 PM
|WDG Public Health - Guelph Office
160 Chancellors Way, Guelph
November 30: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Clinic arrival instructions
Due to COVID-19 and additional safety measures, please review the following clinic arrival instructions before your appointment:
- Please wear a face covering, upon entry to the clinic. Public Health staff will complete a COVID-19 Screening Assessment with you and provide a new medical mask for you to wear.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment.
- After the appointment, visit immunizewdg.ca to update your child’s record.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late or miss your appointment, your child will not be seen, and a new appointment time will need to be booked.
- A mask must be worn at all times inside the clinic building.
- Leave all unnecessary items in your car.
- Do not attend your appointment if you feel unwell. Please call 1-800-265-7293 or 519-822-2715 to reschedule your appointment.
Get a copy of your child’s immunization record
- To obtain a copy of your child’s records, visit immunizewdg.ca.
Report your child’s vaccinations
If your child has already received these vaccines, you can report them to public health through: