Hepatitis B, Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and Meningococcal immunizations are provided to Grade 7 students annually through the school-based immunization program. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the program for the 2020/2021 school year will be offered to students through booked appointments at Public Health.
Public Health has/is making automated phone calls to all Grade 7 students to notify them about changes to the 2020/2021 school-based immunization program.
How to get your immunizations
Book an appointment at Public Health.
- To book an appointment, visit our ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM. *Please note that as of January 4, 2021, appointments are suspended until further notice. Please check back often to find out when appointments will resume.
- You will be asked to enter your child’s previous immunizations.
- Bring an up-to-date copy of your child’s immunization record to your appointment. If you do not have a yellow card, you can print a copy of your record by visiting immunizewdg.ca.
To cancel an appointment
- You can re-schedule or cancel an appointment online up to 48 hours before your appointment. See your appointment confirmation email for how to re-schedule or cancel an appointment. For last minute cancellations, please call 1-800-265-7293 or 519-822-2715 and speak to reception.
Grade 8 and 9 immunization catch-up
Public Health will continue to offer appointments to Grade 8 students who missed doses of their immunizations in the 2019/2020 school year.
Students remain eligible for publicly funded doses of Engerix (Hepatitis B) until August 31, 2021. Students remain eligible for Gardasil 9 (HPV) until the end of their grade 12 school year. Children in grades 7-12 and those born in or after 1997 are eligible for Meningococcal immunization.
This year only, Public Health will also offer appointments to Grade 9 students who missed doses of their immunizations until August 31, 2021.
Clinic Arrival Instructions
Please read these instructions before your appointment.
- To minimize the number of clients in our Public Health offices, we ask that parents/caregivers wait in their car or outside during the appointment. If you would prefer to accompany your child, we ask that only one parent/caregiver attend the appointment.
- Please bring your own face covering for you and your child. A face covering will be provided if you or your child do not have one with you.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment.
- When you have arrived in the parking lot, please notify us by calling reception at 1-800-265-7293 or 519-822-2715 extension 0. If your call is not answered, please try calling back in a few minutes. Please do not enter the building.
- Stay in your car or the parking lot until a Public Health Nurse calls you back. The call-back will be from a private number.
- A Public Health Nurse will complete a COVID-19 screening assessment, ask you to verify consent, provide you with the opportunity to ask questions and inform you that your child must remain in the building for 15 minutes post-immunization. Physical distancing will be ensured inside the building.
- The Public Health Nurse will let you know when your child can enter the building and what nurse to ask for. Your child will be asked to have their upper arms visible and will also be reminded to bring their yellow card in with them.
- Once your child is instructed to come inside, they will require a face covering and will be greeted by Public Health staff. Public Health staff will be wearing masks and face shields.
- Your child will then be taken to the clinical area for their immunizations. Clinic rooms will be cleaned and disinfected after each immunization appointment.
- After the appointment, visit immunizewdg.ca to update your child’s record.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late or miss your appointment, your child will not be seen, and a new appointment time will need to be booked.
- A face covering must be worn at all times inside the Public Health building.
- Leave all unnecessary items in your car.
- Do not come to Public Health if you feel unwell. Please call 1-800-265-7293 or 519-822-2715 to re-schedule your appointment.