“Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health will take an evidence-informed and innovative approach to plan and deliver public health programs and services that meet the distinctive needs of our communities.”
The purpose of the Executive Committee (hereto “the Committee”) is to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the Board of Health (hereto “the Board”) when the full Board is unable to meet and to fulfill specific duties as agreed or referred to the Committee by the Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide timely direction and advice to the Medical Officer of Health and Chief Executive Officer (hereto “the MOH/CEO”) when requested by the MOH/CEO.
- Consider and oversee the appointment of a full-time MOH in accordance with the Health Protection and Promotion Act. Where there is no appointed full-time MOH the Committee will consider and oversee the appointment of an Acting Medical Officer of Health in accordance with the obligations of the Health Protection and Promotion Act.
- Where there is not an appointed full-time MOH/CEO, consider the appointment of an Interim Chief Executive Officer.
- The Committee will annually review the job description of the MOH/CEO.
- In accordance with Board policy CA.42.01.107 the Committee, chaired by the Board Vice-Chair, will oversee the annual performance appraisal process of the MOH/CEO.
- The Committee will annually evaluate the compensation package of the MOH/CEO and make recommendations to the Board.
- To consult and determine the strategic direction for the Board and/or consider any other matter referred to them at the request of the Board or as outlined in the By-laws of the Board.
It shall be the duty of the Chair of the Committee or designate:
i. To report to the full Board on all matters referred to them and to recommend such action as they deem necessary at the next full Board of Health meeting;
ii. To forward to the Board the minutes of the meetings;
The Committee will be composed of the Chair of the Board, Vice-Chair of the Board, SecretaryTreasurer of the Board (who is also the Chair of the Finance Committee), Chair of the Personnel Committee, Chair of the Facilities Committee, Chair of the Ad Hoc Audit Committee and ex-officio member, the MOH/CEO.
Review and Update:
To be reviewed every 2 years and updated, as necessary.
The Chair of the Board is the Chairperson of the Executive Committee in accordance with the Bylaws of the Board.
The MOH/CEO or designate will ensure that appropriate confidential secretarial services are provided to this committee.
Meetings will take place at the call of the Chair. An agenda will be circulated, along with the minutes of the previous meeting, at least 2 days prior to the meeting.
Minutes of Meetings:
Minutes of any Executive Committee meetings will be circulated in advance of all Board meetings and copies will be maintained by the office of the MOH/CEO.
As per the By-laws of the Board.