Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health is alerting members of the Centre Peel Public School community in Drayton, Ontario after three positive cases of COVID-19 were found at the school. All students and staff in the 5/6, 6/7 and 7/8 classes must self-isolate until January 1 (end of day). Students and staff in these classes who attended school on December 16, 17 and 18 should get tested as soon as possible for COVID-19.
All other staff and students are at low risk and should watch carefully for symptoms until January 1 and book a COVID-19 test if they experience any of the following symptoms:
- new onset of cough
- difficulty breathing
- fatigue, malaise, myalgia (muscle aches)
- sore throat
- runny, stuffy or congested nose
- lost sense of smell or taste
- pink eye
- difficulty swallowing
- digestive issues (nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain)
- for young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite
For more information on COVID-19, visit https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/coronavirus.
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
1-800-265-7293 ext. 4376