A two day heat event is expected Saturday and Sunday covering all of Wellington, Dufferin and Guelph.
Maximum temperatures are expected to be in the low thirties with minimum temperatures in the low to mid-twenties, bringing little relief from the heat.
Humidex values are expected to reach the low forties. Cooler temperatures are expected on Monday.
Hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and can result in the Air Quality Health Index approaching the high risk category.
Protect yourself and others by:
- Knowing the forecast and being on the lookout for heat warnings
- Having a plan to take breaks from the heat
- Remembering that children, the elderly and those with chronic conditions are at higher risk of heat-related illness
- Staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water or juice
- Never leaving people or pets inside a parked vehicle
Get more tips to protect yourself from extreme heat.