Public Health offers dental health programs to children and youth ages 0 to 17 who don’t have access to any form of dental coverage. To learn more about our programs, please call our Dental Line to speak with a member of our Oral Health team at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 2661.
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO)
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) provides regular check-ups, preventive care and treatment.
Children and youth may be eligible if they:
- Are 17 or under,
- Are an Ontario resident, and
- The income of their household meets the program criteria
- Regular visits to a licensed dental provider (e.g., dentist or dental hygienist)
- Dental services including check-ups, cleanings, fillings, x-rays and scaling
- Treatment for urgent or emergency oral health issues