This page lists many of the breastfeeding supports in Wellington County, in addition to our free Public Health breastfeeding clinics. For more information, or to help find one that suits you, call Let’s Talk Parenting at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
IMPORTANT: Contact your healthcare provider or Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 today if:
- Your baby is very sleepy and hard to wake for feedings.
- Your baby is crying and will not settle after feedings.
- Your baby does not have enough wet and dirty diapers.
- You have a concern or feel that something is not right with your baby.
- Your nipples are sore and are not getting better.
- You have a fever, chills, flu-like symptoms, or a red and painful area on your breast.
- You feel overwhelmed or not able to cope.
Free breastfeeding support is also available from:
- Your midwife or doctor
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000 – Registered nurses are available to provide expert breastfeeding support and advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is free. There is 24/7 access to telephone interpreters in more than 100 languages and a direct TTY number for those with hearing and speech difficulties. Moms, family, friends and caregivers are encouraged to call if help is needed.
Free breastfeeding supports in Wellington County and how to participate
Public health nurses are available to answer your breastfeeding questions, help get you started, support you through challenges, and encourage you to continue to breastfeed your baby.
Mt. Forest Clinic, 311 Foster Street:
- Drop-in Tuesdays from 1 – 3 p.m.
Palmerston Clinic, Palmerston and District Hospital, 500 Whites Road:
- By appointment on Thursdays 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Call 519-343-2030 ext. 4230 to book an appointment.
Fergus Clinic, 474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100:
- By appointment on Wednesdays 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 to book an appointment.
Upper Grand Family Health Team
Breastfeeding Café, Upper Grand Family Health Team, 753 Tower St. S., Fergus:
Peer-to-peer breastfeeding support, and encouragement for pregnant and breastfeeding women. A trained facilitator is available to provide information and assistance with breastfeeding.
- Drop-in Fridays from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Call 519-843-3947 ext. 105 for more information or visit us on Facebook
Guelph Community Health Centre
WE Breastfeed Phone Support
Trained volunteers who have breastfed offer telephone support in different languages. Visit We Breastfeed on Facebook for more information.
Call 519-821-6638 ext. 250 to be matched with a volunteer.
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Additional Free Breastfeeding Supports & Information
Speciality Pediatric and Lactation Clinic
For a referral to Pediatrician Dr. Mantynen and Nurse Practitioner and Lactation Consultant Tara Boyes contact your doctor or midwife. Located in the Zehrs Superstore at 200 Franklin Blvd., Cambridge, 519-620-3600.
Information about breastfeeding and medications, drugs, and alcohol. Visit www.motherisk.org or call 416-813-6780 Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. –5 p.m. for information and support.
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
A free, confidential telephone service you can call for breastfeeding help from a Registered Nurse. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visit Telehealth Ontario for more.
Bilingual Online Ontario Breastfeeding Services
Search for breastfeeding services across Ontario at ontariobreastfeeds.ca
La Leche League Guelph
Fee-for-Service Breastfeeding Services
- International Breastfeeding Centre/Newman Breastfeeding Clinic (Toronto). Call 416-498-0002 or visit www.nbci.ca to book an appointment (breastfeeding videos and information sheets also available on website).
- Cecily Heslett, IBCLC, Private Lactation Consultant in Fergus and Elora. Call 519-993-7517, email email@example.com or visit www.cecilyheslett.ca.
- Robin Berger RN, IBCLC, Private Lactation Consultant. Call 519-928-5416 or find her on Facebook at Robin Berger - Breastfeeding & Parenting Support
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Visit www.ilca.org to find a lactation consultant in your area.
- Donna Legge-Nevett, Pediatric Occupational Therapist. Call 519-787-4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Association of Ontario Doulas. Find a doula at ontariodoulas.org or contact regional rep. Dawn Humphrey at 519-993-7103 or email email@example.com.
Breast Pump Rentals – Medela:
- Suelaine Poot 519-343-3745, 9455 Road 146 RR #2 Palmerston. Available weekends and holidays.
- The Elora Apothecary, Pharmasave 226-369-0312, 115 Geddes St., Unit B, Elora, www.eloraapothecary.ca
- Robin Berger 519-928-5416 – Grand Valley
- Guelph Norfolk Pharmacy 519-837-9141
Breast Pump Rentals – Ameda:
- Centre Wellington Remedy’s Rx, 1-855 St. David Street N., Fergus, 226-383-9461, www.remedys.ca/store/centrewellington