IMPORTANT: Contact your healthcare provider or Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 today if:
- Your baby is very sleepy and hard to wake for feedings.
- Your baby is crying and will not settle after feedings.
- Your baby does not have enough wet and dirty diapers.
- You have a concern or feel that something is not right with your baby.
- Your nipples are sore and are not getting better.
- You have a fever, chills, flu-like symptoms, or a red and painful area on your breast.
- You feel overwhelmed or not able to cope.
Free breastfeeding support is also available from:
- Your midwife or doctor
- TelehealthOntario: 1-866-797-0000 – Registered nurses are available to provide expert breastfeeding support and advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is free. There is 24/7 access to telephone interpreters in more than 100 languages and a direct TTY number for those with hearing and speech difficulties. Moms, family, friends and caregivers are encouraged to call if help is needed.
Free breastfeeding supports in Wellington County and how to participate
Upper Grand Family Health Team
Breastfeeding Café, EarlyON Centre, Melville United Church, 300 St. Andrew St. West, Fergus:
Peer-to-peer breastfeeding support, and encouragement for pregnant and breastfeeding women. A trained facilitator is available to provide information and assistance with breastfeeding.
- Drop-in Fridays from 2:30–3:30 p.m.
- Call 519-843-3947 ext. 105 for more information or visit@Breastfeeding Cafe on Facebook.
Guelph Community Health Centre
WE Breastfeed Telephone Support
Trained volunteers who have breastfed offer telephone support in different languages. Visit @WEBreastfeed on Facebook for more information.
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Call 519-821-6638 ext. 250 to be matched with a volunteer.
Additional free breastfeeding supports & information
Speciality Pediatric and Lactation Clinic
Contact your doctor or midwife for a referral to Pediatrician Dr. Mantynen. Located in the Zehrs Superstore at 200 Franklin Blvd, Cambridge, 519-620-3600.
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
A free, confidential telephone service you can call for breastfeeding help from a Registered Nurse. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visit Telehealth Ontario for more information.
Bilingual Online Ontario Breastfeeding Services
Search for breastfeeding services across Ontario at ontariobreastfeeds.ca
Go to MotherToBaby for information on the risk and safety of medications, alcohol, herbal products, chemicals, X-rays, infections, and chronic conditions (e.g., nausea & vomiting of pregnancy, asthma, diabetes, depression) during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Best Start Resource Centre
Best Start offers a wide range of parenting and breastfeeding resources.
La Leche League Guelph
La Leche League Centre Wellington
Visit La Leche League Canada for more information.
Fee-for-service breastfeeding services
We post the lists of private lactation consultants and doulas as a courtesy for clients. Private providers must contact us to be included on the list. We do not endorse private providers listed on this site.
- International Breastfeeding Centre/Newman Breastfeeding Clinic(Toronto). Call 416-498-0002 or visit their website to book an appointment. Breastfeeding videos and information sheets are also available on their website.
- Cecily Heslett, IBCLC, Private Lactation Consultant in Fergus and Elora. Call 519-993-7517, visit the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Robin Berger RN, IBCLC, Private Lactation Consultant. Call 519-928-5416 or find her on Facebook at Robin Berger - Breastfeeding & Parenting Support
- Visit the International Lactation Consultant Association to find a board-certified lactation consultant in your area.
- Donna Legge-Nevett, Occupational Therapist, Kids Can Shine. Call 519-820-4113 or email@example.com.
- Find a doula at the Association of Ontario Doulasor contact regional representative Dawn Humphrey at 519-993-7103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breast Pump Rentals – Medela:
- Suelaine Poot -519-343-3745,9455 Road 146, RR #2, Palmerston. Available weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The Prescription Shoppe - 261 Main St. W, Palmerston, 519-343-3912
- The Elora Apothecary, Pharmasave - 115 Geddes St., Unit B, Elora, 226-369-0312
- Robin Berger- Grand Valley, 519-928-5416 or visitRobin Berger - Breastfeeding & Parenting Support on Facebook.
- Norfolk Pharmacy - 85 Norfolk St, Guelph, 519-837-9141