This page lists many of the breastfeeding supports in Guelph, in addition to our free Public Health breastfeeding clinics. For more information, or to help find one that suits you, call Let’s Talk Parenting at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
IMPORTANT: Contact your healthcare provider or Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 today if:
- Your baby is very sleepy and hard to wake for feedings.
- Your baby is crying and will not settle after feedings.
- Your baby does not have enough wet and dirty diapers.
- You have a concern or feel that something is not right with your baby.
- Your nipples are sore and are not getting better.
- You have a fever, chills, flu-like symptoms, or a red and painful area on your breast.
- You feel overwhelmed or not able to cope.
Free breastfeeding support is also available from:
- Your midwife or doctor
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000 – Registered nurses are available to provide expert breastfeeding support and advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is free. There is 24/7 access to telephone interpreters in more than 100 languages and a direct TTY number for those with hearing and speech difficulties. Moms, family, friends and caregivers are encouraged to call if help is needed.
Free breastfeeding supports in Guelph and how to participate
Public health nurses are available to answer your breastfeeding questions, help get you started, support you through challenges, and encourage you to continue to breastfeed your baby.
Guelph – EarlyON Child and Family Centre at Stone Road Mall
- Located in the Meridian Room in the EarlyON Child and Family Centre at Stone Road Mall (map).
- You don’t need an appointment.
- Drop in Tuesdays and Thursdays starting June 19 from 1-3:30 p.m.
Guelph Community Health Centre
WE Breastfeed Phone Support
- Call 519-821-6638 ext. 250 to be matched with a volunteer.
- Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
WE Breastfeed Drop-in Breastfeeding Cafe, Guelph Community Health Centre, 176 Wyndham Street N., Guelph, Children’s Room, Main Floor
- Drop-in Wednesdays from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
La Leche League
Accredited La Leche League leaders provide mother-to-mother breastfeeding information, encouragement and support. Phone support/meetings and home visits available. Visit www.LLLC.ca or LLLCGuelph on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guelph Community Health Centre, 176 Wyndham Street N., Guelph, Community Room, Lower Level
- Drop-in the second Thursday of each month from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Ontario Early Years Centre, 2nd Floor, Stone Road Mall, 435 Stone Rd. West
- Drop-in the last Wednesday of each month from 7 - 9 p.m.
Additional Free Breastfeeding Supports & Information
Speciality Pediatric and Lactation Clinic
For a referral to Pediatrician Dr. Mantynen and Nurse Practitioner and Lactation Consultant Tara Boyes contact your doctor or midwife. Located in the Zehrs Superstore at 200 Franklin Blvd., Cambridge, 519-620-3600.
Information about breastfeeding and medications, drugs, and alcohol. Visit www.motherisk.org or call 416-813-6780 Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. –5 p.m. for information and support.
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
A free, confidential telephone service you can call for breastfeeding help from a Registered Nurse. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visit Telehealth Ontario for more.
Bilingual Online Ontario Breastfeeding Services
Search for breastfeeding services across Ontario at ontariobreastfeeds.ca
Best Start Resource Centre
Fee-for-Service Breastfeeding Supports
- International Breastfeeding Centre/Newman Breastfeeding Clinic (Toronto). Call 416-498-0002 or visit www.nbci.ca to book an appointment (breastfeeding videos and information sheets also available on website).
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Visit www.ilca.org to find a lactation consultant in your area.
- Association of Ontario Doulas. Find a doula at ontariodoulas.org or contact regional rep. Dawn Humphrey 519-993-7103 or email email@example.com.
Breast Pump Rentals
- Ontario Home Health 519-821-9519 - 66 Delhi St
- Norfolk Pharmacy 519-837-1820 - 85 Norfolk St
- Prime Care Pharmacy 519-837-4594 - Arbor Medical Centre, 1-281 Stone Rd E
- Shoppers Drug Mart 519-822-2480 - 375 Eramosa Rd
- University Square Pharmacy 519-763-3301 - 987 Gordon St (at Kortright)
Our goal is to increase rates of breastfeeding initiation, exclusivity, and duration in Guelph.
~ Community Breastfeeding Collaborative of Guelph