This page lists many of the breastfeeding supports in Dufferin County and East Wellington, in addition to our free Public Health breastfeeding clinics. For more information, or to help find one that suits you, call Let’s Talk Parenting at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
IMPORTANT: Contact your healthcare provider or Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 today if:
- Your baby is very sleepy and hard to wake for feedings.
- Your baby is crying and will not settle after feedings.
- Your baby does not have enough wet and dirty diapers.
- You have a concern or feel that something is not right with your baby.
- Your nipples are sore and are not getting better.
- You have a fever, chills, flu-like symptoms, or a red and painful area on your breast.
- You feel overwhelmed or not able to cope.
Free breastfeeding support is also available from:
- Your midwife or doctor
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000 – Registered nurses are available to provide expert breastfeeding support and advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is free. There is 24/7 access to telephone interpreters in more than 100 languages and a direct TTY number for those with hearing and speech difficulties. Moms, family, friends and caregivers are encouraged to call if help is needed.
Free breastfeeding supports in Dufferin County and East Wellington and how to participate
Registered nurses from Public Health (and Headwaters Health Care Centre for Orangeville clinic) with an expertise in breastfeeding are available to answer your questions in person, help get you started and support you through any challenges.
Orangeville Clinic, 180 Broadway
- Drop-in Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Shelburne Clinic, Mel Lloyd Centre167 Centre Street, Upper Level
- Drop-in Mondays from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Fergus Clinic, 474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100
- By appointment on Wednesdays from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 to book an appointment.
Upper Grand Family Health Team
Breastfeeding Café, Upper Grand Family Health Team, 753 Tower St. S., Fergus
Peer-to-peer breastfeeding support, and encouragement for pregnant and breastfeeding women. A trained facilitator is available to provide information and assistance with breastfeeding.
- Drop-in Fridays from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Call 519-843-3947 ext. 105 for more information.
La Leche League
Accredited La Leche League leaders provide mother-to-mother breastfeeding information, encouragement and support. Phone support/meetings. Visit www.LLLC.ca for more information.
Additional Free Breastfeeding Supports & Information
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
A free, confidential telephone service you can call for breastfeeding help from a Registered Nurse. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visit Telehealth Ontario to learn more.
Eat Right Ontario
Registered Dietician. Call 1-877-510-510-2. Visit eatrightontario.ca.
Doctors’ Breastfeeding Clinic (Brampton)
Information about breastfeeding and medications, drugs, and alcohol.Visit www.motherisk.org or call 416-813-6780 Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Bilingual Online Ontario Breastfeeding Services
Search for breastfeeding services across Ontario at ontariobreastfeeds.ca.
Other Public Health offices
- Peel Public Health www.peelregion.ca/health
- Grey Bruce Public Health www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca
- Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit www.simcoemuskokahealth.org
Fee-for-Service Breastfeeding Services
- Robin Berger RN, IBCLC, Private Lactation Consultant. Call 519-928-5416 or visit Robin Berger - Breastfeeding & Parenting Support on Facebook.
- Community Breastfeeding Centre by the Café (Robin Berger RN/LC). Drop-in Wednesdays from 12:30 -3:30 p.m. at Centre Fellowship Church, 375 Hansen Blvd, Orangeville, ON.
- Daphne Houston-Kubow, Lactation Consultant RPN, IBCLC. Home lactation support, visit www.thebreaststart.ca, call 519-938-0870 or email email@example.com.
- International Lactation Consultant Association. Visit www.ilca.org to find a lactation consultant in your area.
- Lifetime of Love Doula Services. Postnatal care and breastfeeding support. Call 416.826.1806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Association of Ontario Doulas. Find a doula at ontariodoulas.org.
- International Breastfeeding Centre/Newman Breastfeeding Clinic (Toronto). Call 416-498-0002 or visit www.nbci.ca to book an appointment (breastfeeding videos and information sheets also available on the website).
Breast Pump Rentals
- Robin Berger, call 519-928-5416 or visit Robin Berger - Breastfeeding & Parenting Support on Facebook.
- Ontario Home Oxygen and Health, call 519-941-1127. Located at 170 Lakeview Court, Orangeville.