This page lists many of the breastfeeding supports in Dufferin County and East Wellington, in addition to our free Public Health breastfeeding clinics. For more information, or for help with breastfeeding, call Let’s Talk Parenting at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
IMPORTANT: Contact your healthcare provider or Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 today if:
- Your baby is very sleepy and hard to wake for feedings.
- Your baby is crying and will not settle after feedings.
- Your baby does not have enough wet and dirty diapers.
- You have a concern or feel that something is not right with your baby.
- Your nipples are sore and are not getting better.
- You have a fever, chills, flu-like symptoms, or a red and painful area on your breast.
- You feel overwhelmed or not able to cope.
Free breastfeeding support is also available from:
- Your midwife or doctor
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000 – Registered nurses are available to provide expert breastfeeding support and advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is free. There is 24/7 access to telephone interpreters in more than 100 languages and a direct TTY number for those with hearing and speech difficulties. Moms, family, friends and caregivers are encouraged to call if help is needed.
Free breastfeeding supports in Dufferin County and East Wellington and how to participate
Registered nurses from Public Health (and Headwaters Health Care Centre at the Orangeville clinic) with breastfeeding expertise are available to answer your questions in person, help you get started and support you through challenges.
Orangeville Clinic, Public Health Office, 180 Broadway
- You do not need an appointment.
- Drop-in Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Shelburne Clinic, Mel Lloyd Centre, upper level, 167 Centre Street
- You do not need an appointment.
- Drop-in Mondays from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Fergus Clinic, Public Health Office, 474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100
- By appointment on Wednesdays from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Call Let’s Talk Parenting at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 to book an appointment.
Upper Grand Family Health Team
Breastfeeding Café, EarlyON Centre, Melville United Church, 300 St. Andrew St. West, Fergus
Peer-to-peer breastfeeding support, and encouragement for pregnant and breastfeeding women. A trained facilitator is available to provide information and assistance with breastfeeding.
- Drop-in Fridays from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Call 519-843-3947 ext. 105 or visit @Breastfeeding Cafe on Facebook for more information.
La Leche League
Accredited La Leche League leaders provide mother-to-mother breastfeeding information, encouragement and support. Phone support and meetings are available. Visit La Leche League Canada for more information.
Additional free breastfeeding supports & information
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
A free, confidential telephone service you can call for breastfeeding help from a Registered Nurse. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visit Telehealth Ontario to learn more.
Doctors’ Breastfeeding Clinic (Brampton)
Motherisk provides information about breastfeeding and medications, drugs and alcohol. Visit their website or call 416-813-6780 Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for information and support. Motherisk also has an Alcohol & Substance line: 1-877-327-4636.
Bilingual Online Ontario Breastfeeding Services
Search for breastfeeding services across Ontario at ontariobreastfeeds.ca.
Best Start Resource Centre
Best Start offers a wide range of parenting and breastfeeding resources.
Other Public Health offices
Fee-for-service breastfeeding services
We post the lists of private lactation consultants and doulas as a courtesy for clients. Private providers must contact us to be included on the list. We do not endorse private providers listed on this site.
- Robin Berger RN, IBCLC, Private Lactation Consultant, home visits available. Call 519-928-5416 or visit Robin Berger - Breastfeeding & Parenting Support on Facebook.
- Community Breastfeeding Centre by the Café (Robin Berger RN/LC). Drop-in Wednesdays from 12:30 -3:30 p.m. at Centre Fellowship Church, 375 Hansen Blvd, Orangeville.
- Visit the International Lactation Consultant Association to find a board-certified lactation consultant in your area.
- Lifetime of Love Doula Services. Postnatal care and breastfeeding support. Call 416.826.1806 or email email@example.com.
- Find a doula at the Association of Ontario Doulas.
- International Breastfeeding Centre/Newman Breastfeeding Clinic (Toronto). Call 416-498-0002 or visit their website to book an appointment. Breastfeeding videos and information sheets are also available on their website.