Public Health is responsible for inspecting food establishments, hair salons, spas, tattoo studios, and public pools to ensure they are providing safe services to consumers by meeting health standards. We also inspect regulated health professionals (e.g., doctors, dentists, chiropractors) only when we receive a complaint from the public. We are not authorized to routinely inspect places where regulated health professionals operate.
Our goal is to reduce your risk of illness and infection.
We make public on CheckBeforeYouChoose.ca: :
- The results of all routine inspections
- Tobacco retailers ticketed for selling tobacco products to minors
Inspection results for the following types of businesses are available on CheckBeforeYouChoose.ca:
- Restaurants and food carts
- Institutions that serve food (e.g., child care centres, long-term care facilities)
- Grocery stores and convenience stores that serve food
- Catering companies
- Salons and spas (e.g., hair salons, manicures and pedicures)
- Tattoo and piercing studios
- Child care infection prevention and control (IPAC) audits
- Public swimming pools
- Recreational camps
If you cannot find the premises you are looking for on Check Before You Choose, or if you have further questions about the inspection results, please call 1-800-265-7293.