What do I get out of this program?
We are happy to offer a FREE online prenatal program to individuals or families who are pregnant and living in Wellington County, Dufferin County or the City of Guelph. The online prenatal program provides information about having a healthy pregnancy, labour & birth, medical interventions, caring for a newborn and breastfeeding. It can be completed at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home – or wherever you have access to the internet.
What comes with the online program?
- Interactive learning activities
- Downloadable tip sheets
- Links to local resources and reputable websites
- Access to a public health nurse by phone
When should I take this program?
Anytime in your pregnancy. We recommend registering as early in your pregnancy as possible to get the most out of this program.
How much is the online prenatal program?
There is no fee for this program, it is free.
What technology do I need?
To access from a computer or mobile device you will need:
- High speed internet/Wi-Fi
- Flash-based web browser
- For desktops/laptops (including Macs), allow Flash to run. You will get a message on your screen if this is necessary. If the program doesn’t work in the web browser you are using, try another browser (e.g. Google Chrome).
- For mobile devices, download the FREE Puffin Web Browser from iTunes or Google Play Store.
Tech support is available only during regular business hours.
How do I register?
- Register online anytime or call 1-800-265-7293 Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Once you register, an email will be sent to you with your course access code
How do I access the program?
- Go to the online prenatal program website or use the link that we emailed you
- Enter the access code you were given to start using the program