State of emergency in effect in Ontario as of January 13, 2021. Enhanced measures to the province-wide shutdown are in effect until at least Thursday, February 11, 2021. The COVID-19 Response Framework is on pause during the shutdown.
January 12, 2021 Update:
- News Release: Ontario Declares Second Provincial Emergency to Address COVID-19 Crisis and Save Lives
- Stay at home except for essential travel and follow the restrictions and public health measures.
- Read the list of when you can go out.
- Read the full list of measures including enforcement, measures for businesses, measures for individuals, gatherings and events, schools and child care, and more.
- Read the Enhancing Public Health and Workplace Safety Measures in the Provincewide Shutdown (PDF)
December 21, 2020:
- News Release: Ontario Announces Provincewide Shutdown to Stop Spread of COVID-19 and Save Lives
- Download the Provincewide Shutdown document here which outlines details on schools, daycares, businesses permitted to open and sector-specific restrictions.
- The current COVID-19 Response Framework will be paused during the Province-wide Shutdown and State of Emergency.