The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is recalling the Apple Cider Smoked Salmon and Vodka Smoked Salmon sold at the Four Seasons Marketplace in Mississauga because they may permit the growth of Clostridium botulinum. To get up-to-date information about the recall, visit the CFIA website.
You should not eat the recalled products described below.
- Four Seasons Marketplace – Apple Cider Smoked Salmon
- Four Seasons Marketplace – Vodka Smoked Salmon
- Nanuk – Smoked Pacific Salmon - Coho Salmon
- BOS – Mackerel Fillets - Naturally Smoked
- BOS – Atlantic Salmon - Naturally Smoked
- BOS – Roasted Atlantic Salmon - Naturally Smoked
- Food Fest – Smoked Steelhead Salmon
- Food Fest – Danish Style Gravlox - Smoked Steelhead Salmon
- Food Fest – Red Sockeye Salmon
If you purchased this product
If you find any of the affected products, throw them out or return them to the store. Food contaminated with Clostridium botulinum may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
Symptoms of Clostridium botulinum infection
Symptoms can include:
- Blurred or double vision
- Dry mouth
- Respiratory failure
- Severe cases of illness can result in death