PROCEDURE - DRAFT
SUBJECT: Appointments, Provincial Representatives
EFFECTIVE: October 3, 2018
PAGE(S): 1 of 3
1. Terms for all provincial appointments to the Board of Health (BOH) for Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) are tracked by the Executive Assistant to the BOH.
2. The BOH Chair will be advised by the Executive Assistant of terms that are due to end one year prior to the expiry of the appointment.
3. The BOH Chair will contact the incumbent to discuss his/her intentions.
4. If the member wishes to renew their appointment, and the BOH Chair is in agreement, the member must complete a Reappointment Information Form and provide it to the Executive Assistant for submission to the Public Appointments Secretariat (PAS), as well as to the Public Appointments Unit of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Corporate Management Branch.
5. If the member does not wish to renew their appointment, or if a vacancy is predicted, the BOH will conduct a needs assessment and determine priorities for representation.
6. The BOH Chair will advise the Medical Officer of Health (MOH) of the need to initiate a recruit and post for prospective BOH members. The PAS also posts upcoming vacancies on their website (http://www.pas.gov.on.ca/).
7. The MOH will launch a recruitment request in the WDGPH recruitment database, ensuring the development of appropriate pre-screen questions and the inclusion of the skills matrix (Appendix 1).
8. The posting will be advertised on the WDGPH webpage, through existing WDGPH social media accounts and other relevant sites to maximize the recruitment of candidates with the required skills and diversity that may exist within the BOH.
9. The MOH will review the applicants resume and pre-screen results and forward the resumes of qualified applicants to the BOH Chair for consideration and review. The BOH Chair will create a short-list of applicants to be interviewed.
10. The BOH Executive Committee will interview and rank potential applicants.
11. The preferred candidate will be advised to apply through the PAS website.
12. A letter will be sent by the BOH Chair to the local Member of Provincial Parliament, with a copy to the Public Appointments Unit of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Corporate Management Branch, identifying and noting support of the preferred applicant.
REFERENCES AND RELATED FORMS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Corresponding Procedure: CA.45.01.152 Appointments, Provincial Representatives
Contact for inquiries: Chair of the Board of Health
Approved by: Chair of the Board of Health
Signed document on file ___________________________________
Board Member Skills Matrix and Inventory
On a scale of 1 – 4, with 1 = High, 2 = Moderate, 3 = Minimal, and 4 = None.
Please indicate your competency level and/or interest in the various areas identified below using the following legend:
E – Experience (work/lived experience)
T – Training (formal training and/or schooling)
I – Interest (general interest, no previous training or experience)
|Board & Governance|
|Equity and Diversity|
|Political Acumen & Advocacy|
|Health Administration & Policy|
|Human Resources Management|
|Communications & Media|
|Quality & Performance|