The in-person Immunization Education Session at Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health is intended to help parents of school-aged children make an informed decision regarding their child’s routine health care. The Immunization Education Session addresses key topics on the risks and benefits of immunization and specific details on vaccine safety. There are four chapters in the 45-minute session that cover a number of topics, including information on how vaccines work, herd immunity, vaccine safety, immunization schedules and immunization legislative requirenents for schoolchildren in Ontario under the Immunizations of School Pupils Act (ISPA).
Parents are responsible for the following:
- Completing an in-person Immunization Education Session at Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
- Completing the Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Form by swearing or affirming in front of a Commissioner for Taking Affidavits
- Submitting both the signed Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Form and Vaccine Education Certificate to Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
- Maintaing a personal record of these documents (Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health does not keep the records on file)
Immunization Education Sessions
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health is offering appointments to obtain the Vaccine Education Certificate. To book an appointment, please call 1-800-265-7293. Each appointment runs a minimum of 45 minutes. Sessions will be held at the following dates and times:
- Fergus Public Health office: June 24 4:50 p.m.
- Guelph Public Health office: June 11 5:50 p.m.
- Orangeville Public Health office: June 19 at 4:50 p.m.