Effective January 13, 2021, the Ontario Government declared a second provincial State of Emergency and Enhanced Public Health and Workplace Safety Measures in the Provincewide Shutdown. For full details of restrictions, please refer to Ontario Regulation 82/20: Rules for Areas in Stage 1 and the Ontario Emergency Information website.
The current COVID-19 Response Framework will be paused during the Provincewide Shutdown and some of our sector-specific COVID-19 guidance documents across our Workplaces and Living Spaces webpage are no longer applicable during this Shutdown.
COVID-19 Response Framework
To find out what level WDG is currently in and what this means visit the province’s website. Please review this framework to ensure your establishment follows any new sector-specific public health and workplace safety measures.
Screening Tool for Workplaces
- Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 Worker and Employee Screening (January 11)
- Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 Customer Screening (January 11)
WDGPH Guidance Documents
- WDGPH COVID-19 Guidance for reopening businesses (Updated: September 29, 2020)
- WDGPH COVID-19 Checklist for reopening businesses and workplaces (Updated: September 29, 2020)
- WDGPH COVID-19 General Tips for Reopening
- WDGPH COVID-19 Testing & Clearance Guidance for Workplaces (Updated: October 15, 2020)
- WDGPH COVID-19 Poster for businesses - STOP before entering (Section 22 class order)
- WDGPH COVID-19 Poster for businesses - STOP before entering (simplified instructions)
- WDGPH COVID-19 Poster for businesses FRENCH version-Stop before entering (simplified instructions)
- Ministry of Labour: Your break is not a break from COVID safety
- Ministry of Labour: Keep it to yourself during COVID
- Ministry of Labour: COVID should not be on the menu at lunch
Collecting Patron Information
Ontario Regulation 364/20: Rules for Areas in Stage 3 and Ontario Regulation 263/20: Rules for Areas in Stage 2 require establishment operators to record the name and contact information of every patron that enters an establishment such as a meeting and event space, a personal service setting, facilities for sports and recreational activities, cinemas or performing arts venues, casinos and gaming establishment, tour guide services. Operators must maintain these records for at least one month.
- WDGPH Notice to Collect Patron Information Poster - Nov 27, 2020
- WDGPH Contact Information for Patrons Form - Nov 23, 2020
More resources for workplaces
- PHAC: Risk mitigation tool for workplaces/businesses operating during the COVID-19 pandemic
- PHAC: Risk mitigation tool for gatherings and events operating during the COVID-19 pandemic
- PHAC: Advice for Essential Retailers During COVID-19 Pandemic
- PHAC: Coronavirus disease: Being prepared: For workplaces
- Physical Barriers for COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control in Commercial Settings
- COVID-19 Guidance: Workplace Outbreaks
- Ministry COVID-19 Guidance for Essential Workplaces
- Preventing COVID-19 in the workplace: Employers, employees and essential service workers fact sheet
- Click on the tabs to the right and visit Ministry resources to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace and Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Pandemic (COVID-19) tip sheets to find more resources specific to your business sector.
- If employers have questions, WDG Public Health can assist by informing current policies.
- The Government of Ontario has made changes to legislation around meetings and business operations to help businesses follow physical distancing guidelines
Government of Canada
COVID-19: Your rights and responsibilities as an employee (includes info for managers)