Provincial Rules under the Reopening Ontario Act
Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen is a three-step plan to safely and gradually lift public health measures.
For an overview of provincial rules currently in effect:
For detailed rules, review the regulations below. Note that all regulations include general rules applicable to all settings, followed by additional sector-specific rules.
- Rules for Step 1 - Ontario Regulation 82/20
- Rules for Step 2 - Ontario Regulation 263/20
- Rules for Step 3 - Ontario Regulation 364/20
Proof of Vaccination Requirements for Patrons - Guidance for Businesses and Organizations
Effective September 22, 2021, patrons will be required to provide proof of vaccination status to access certain businesses and settings. Provincial regulations and guidance documents to support implementation of these requirements are provided here:
- Proof of Vaccination Regulatory Requirements
- Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations
- Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations – Questions and Answers
- Using your Vaccination Receipt- FAQ
For posters, please visit our Signs and Posters page.
WDGPH Section 22 Class Order – Face Coverings
All businesses and organizations are required to actively screen employees prior to entry to the workplace.
Some businesses and organizations are also required to actively screen patrons. For further details, visit Screening Patrons - A Tool for Businesses and Organization.
- Ontario’s COVID-19 Worker and Employee Screening Questions (scroll to the bottom for printable version)
- Ontario’s COVID-19 Customer Screening Questions (scroll to the bottom for printable version)
Collecting Patron/Guest/Visitor Information
Many establishments are required to record the name and contact information of every person that enters an establishment. To determine if your business/organization is required to collect contact information, please visit: COVID-19 public health measures and advice. Operators must maintain these records for at least one month.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Places of Worship - Updated Sept 13, 2021
- WDG Guidance for Community Gardens
- COVID-19 Guidance for Building Managers and Residents of Multi Unit Residential Dwelling
- COVID-19 Guidance for Public Washrooms
- COVID-19 Guidance for Donation Programs
- COVID-19 Giving & Receiving Donations Info Graphic
Guidance from health and safety associations
- Transportation of Workers to Work Locations during COVID-19
- Sales and Customer Service Representatives during COVID-19
- Lawn Care Workers during COVID-19
- Marinas during COVID-19
- Community Garden Sector during COVID-19
- Retail Sector during COVID-19
- Places of Worship During COVID-19
Ministry of Health Guidance
- COVID-19 Advice: Religious Services, Rites or Ceremonies
- Ministry Guidance for Funeral and Bereavement Services
- Home and Community Care Providers
- COVID-19 Guidance: Community-Based Mental Health and Addiction Service Providers in Residential Settings
- Construction site health and safety during COVID-19
Guidance from the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
- Construction sector, Manufacturing sector, Agriculture sector, Retail sector
- Posters for employers and employees