WDG Public Health continues to work closely with local hospitals, health care partners, Ontario Health, Public Health Ontario and national partners to monitor and detect cases of COVID-19.
Additional COVID-19 case data sources:
- Status of cases in Ontario (Ontario Government)
Ontario COVID-19 Data Tool (Public Health Ontario) - click on “Map” to see cases by health unit
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Canada (Government of Canada)
The Ontario Ministry of Health requires all public health units to implement a new Case and Contact Management system. WDGPH’s COVID-19 data will be migrated to the new provincial public health database on the weekend of July 31, 2020. This will temporarily disrupt our data systems and prevent the refreshing of data for the COVID-19 Case Summary dashboard below.
Therefore, the data in the dashboard below will stop refreshing after the last update on July 31, 2020, until further notice. However, the dashboard will still show information on cases reported up to that date.
To keep our communities informed on our case data while our systems are being updated, a case data table will be added below and updated daily around 10:30 am starting Tuesday, August 4. Please refer to the table for the current status of COVID-19 cases in our region.
|August 4, 2020||3||2||0||1||0|
|August 5, 2020||0||0||0||0||0|
|August 6, 2020||0||0||0||0||0|
|August 7, 2020||2||1||0||0||1|
|August 10, 2020||4||0||1||3||0|
Total Confirmed Cases: 532*
*Responsibility of previous cases transferred to another health unit
Important notes about the data:
- In order to protect the health information of individuals, the data presented is aggregate data from the region.
- WDG Region includes all of Wellington County, Dufferin County and the City of Guelph.
- The number of reported cases and detailed information on each case is in a state of flux and may be received at different times. Expect that totals may not be consistent because some information will be pending each time the numbers are refreshed (ie. total confirmed cases vs. patient status case totals may not always add up to the same number).
- Confirmed cases with unknown addresses are excluded from counts by region (Wellington, Dufferin and City of Guelph), as they are unable to be assigned to a specific area.
- Data in the interactive status report is taken from confirmed cases reported to date in iPHIS. The last time data has been updated is shown below.
Resolved cases include cases reported as recovered in iPHIS, cases that are not currently listed as hospitalized in iPHIS, and cases that are 14 days past symptom onset (if present) or 14 days past the episode date if the case is closed.
- The integrated Public Health Information System (iPHIS) is an information system for the reporting and surveillance of Diseases of Public Health Significance (DOPHS) in Ontario.
- An outbreak is defined as one or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 within a facility (long-term care home, retirement home or hospital). Outbreaks confined only to sections or wings of these facilities will be identified where applicable. The date an outbreak is declared is the date the first confirmed case of COVID-19 was identified. An outbreak is declared over 14 days after symptoms began in the most recent case and when no other cases are suspect. Confirmed cases in staff of these facilities only include those that reside in the WDG area. More information about facility outbreaks can be found on our Retirement and Long-Term Care Outbreak Bulletin.
- The number of confirmed cases is only part of the picture. Changes in testing criteria and volume will affect the trends seen on the charts, therefore those trends may not necessarily reflect changes in the actual number of infected people in the population. You should assume you can get COVID-19 in the community.