~ stay 2 metres apart from others
~ wash hands frequently for 20 seconds
~ avoid touching your face
~ clean surfaces daily
~ wear a mask if physical distancing is difficult
~ stay home when ill
~ if you develop at least one of the COVID-19 symptoms or are concerned you have been exposed to COVID-19, please go to an assessment centre to be tested
Face Coverings in WDG
Effective 12:01 a.m. on June 12, 2020, as part of Stage 2 reopening safety precautions, Dr. Nicola Mercer, Medical Officer of Health for the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Health Unit, has ordered that any customer, patron, employee or visitor who enters a commercial establishment be required to wear a face covering at all times while inside the establishment, with the exception of:
- Children under the age of two years.
- Children under the age of five years (either chronologically or developmentally) who refuse to wear a face covering and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver.
- People whose ability to breathe in any way is inhibited by the face covering.
- People that have any other medical reason they cannot wear a face covering safely, such as, but not limited to, respiratory disease, cognitive difficulties or difficulties in hearing or processing information.
For more information, please read our Face Coverings Class Order and FAQs
Ministry guidance for the public on what is reopening
Ontario will be taking a regional approach to move into Stage 2. As directed by the province, each region will be permitted to enter Stage 2 when safe to do so as public health criteria outlined in the framework are met. Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph is moving to Stage 2.
- Effective Friday, June 12, 2020 at 12:01 a.m., the province will increase the limit on social gatherings from five to 10 people across the province
- Continue to practice physical distancing at these social gatherings with people outside of your household bubble
- Where physical distancing is difficult to do, please wear a non-medical (e.g., cloth) mask
Check local municipality and county websites for the latest updates on what public spaces are opening in your area:
- City of Guelph - Latest Updates
- Wellington County - Information and Updates
- Dufferin County - Latest news: What’s happening in Dufferin?
*This page will be updated as new information is released so check back regularly for updates