2018-19 school year
Parents are now responsible for directly reporting immunization records to Public Health. Schools will not be collecting immunization data forms, but request parents report directly to Public Health through one of the following ways:
Call: 1-800-265-7293 ext 4396
Parents can use the new Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) tool to report vaccines, view vaccine records or print a copy of their child’s online record. This online record will show parents which vaccines are overdue or have not yet been reported to Public Health.
The Immunizations of School Pupils Act (ISPA) requires every public health unit to asses that each child attending school in Ontario have either an up-to-date vaccination record or a valid exemption on file.
Children without an up-to-date immunization record or valid exemption onfile may be temporarily suspended from school until the required records are provided.
Assessment and suspension dates for elementary schools
January 2019: Letters mailed.
- Overdue notices are mailed to parents/ guardians of students who have incomplete immunization records on file with WDGPH.
February 2019: Reporting
- WDGPH reminds parents/guardians of students with incomplete immunization records to book an appointment with their doctor or Public Health and to report immunizations.
March 2019: Suspension orders delivered
- March 4 & 5 Suspension orders are delivered to the school. They are to be handed out to students 5-6 business days before the suspension date.
- Students can book an appointment at a Public Health immunization clinic. Dates and times will be posted.
- Reporting deadline for students to submit complete immunization records to WDGPH to avoid suspension is March 14 by 4 p.m.
- Suspension: March 19
- Students with incomplete records are suspended until their records are complete and on file with WDGPH or a WDGPH Suspension Pass has been presented.