Public Health is an essential part of the local health system mandated to support the well-being of individuals and communities by promoting healthy behaviors, protecting communities from health threats, and preventing disease and injury.
Public Health is governed by a Board of Health made up of elected officials and residents from the communities served.
Dr. Nicola Mercer reports to the Board of Health in her role as Medical Officer of Health and CEO of Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health.
Public Health is committed to working collaboratively with the media on public health topics of importance to the residents of Wellington, Dufferin and Guelph. For an interview with Dr. Nicola Mercer, Medical Officer Health and CEO, or another spokesperson, please contact:
Chuck Ferguson, Manager of Communications
1-800-265-7293 ext. 4374
Stay connected by following us on:
- Media Release - Public Health advises residents to be prepared for hot summer days (June 9, 2017)
- Media Release - Protect yourself from mosquitoes and West Nile virus (May 15, 2017)
- Media Release - Public Health reminds residents of the potential threat of raccoon rabies (April 11, 2017)
- Media Release - Public Health warns students with incomplete immunization records they will be suspended (March 8, 2017)
- Media Release - Public Health sends notices to students with incomplete immunization records (January 10, 2017)
- Media Release - Public Health recommends taking precautions during extreme cold weather (January 5, 2017)