COVID-19 School and Childcare Screening Tool
Who should complete the daily screening tools? The screening tools should be completed daily by any school-based staff or visitors and all students who are attending school in-person (or by the parent/guardian for each child).
Who does the screening criteria apply to? The screening tools are designed to determine whether staff and students should attend school each day. Individuals who do not work at or attend the school setting are encouraged to follow their individual workplace screening guidelines for COVID-19. Screening staff and students for COVID-19 symptoms and potential exposures every day before attending school is vital to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. All students/parents/guardians and staff should follow the directions provided in the screening tool including when to stay home from school and when it is safe to return to school.
Please note that guidance is rapidly changing. When reviewing the websites and documents below be sure to verify the date.
- Ministry of Education: Plan to Catch Up
- Management of Cases and Contacts of COVID-19 in Ontario
- Public Health Ontario School and COVID-19 Resources
- Childhood Illnesses Reference Guide for Schools and Child Care Centres
- COVID-19 Guidance for Schools - Additional tips for hand hygiene
- Mental Health Support for School Staff
- Signs and Posters
General Cleaning and Disinfection
- Public Health Ontario - Cleaning and disinfection for public settings
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Cleaning and disinfecting public spaces during COVID-19
- Health Canada - Hard surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Supporting students and kids
- Mental Health, Substance Use and Stigma
- Supporting Student Mental Health During COVID-19
- Mental Health and COVID-19 for Caregivers
- Kids Health First
- SickKids COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service – The Hospital for SickKids is offering a confidential telephone service to help parents, caregivers and youth make informed decisions about the COVID-19 vaccination. Services available in multiple languages.
- How-to links and videos (mask, hand-washing, etc.)