Category: Board of Health
Subject: Stewardship of Management Operations – Financial Records
Procedure Number: CA.45.02.405
Effective Date: October 5, 2016
This procedure will address the following goals/objectives in the Ontario Public Health Organizational Standards1:
- Financial records.
Director of Administrative Services will:
- Provide to the Board of Health (BOH) quarterly for information, reports on the status of income and expenditures for the year to date, which will be prepared based on the books and records of the financial affairs of Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH).
- Provide to the BOH annually, the financial statements of WDGPH as prepared by management in accordance with Public Sector Accounting Standards, including, at a minimum:
- An annual statement of income and expenses (Statement of Operations); and
- An annual statement of assets and liabilities (Statement of Financial Position).
- Provide to the BOH annually, the auditor’s report on management’s financial statements, with an audit scope that includes, but is not limited to:
- Assessment of the risks of material misstatement in the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error;
- Evaluating the appropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of accounting estimates made by management; and
- Evaluating the overall presentation of the financial statements.
- Provide to the BOH annually, for information and approval, a budget for WDGPH which outlines management’s estimates of the revenue and expenditures of the BOH for the following year.
REFERENCES AND RELATED FORMS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Corresponding Policy: CA.45.01.100 Stewardship of Management Operations
1 Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport. (February 2011). Ontario Public Health Organizational Standards (Revised Catalogue No. 015523 ISBN 978-1-4435-5469-5 (PDF)). Ontario. Queen’s Printer for Ontario 2011.
CONTACT FOR INQUIRIES
Director, Administrative Services
Chair of the Board of Health