Category: Board of Health
Subject: Stewardship of Management Operations – Communications Strategy
Procedure Number: CA.45.02.402
Effective Date: October 5, 2016
This procedure will address the following goals/objectives in the Ontario Public Health Organizational Standards1 (OPHOS):
- Communications Strategy.
The Board of Health (BOH) is committed to ensuring a Communications Strategy for Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health is developed and that focuses on public health services, advocacy and health promotion while building a general understanding of the public health mandate.
A comprehensive Communications Strategy will provide:
- Guidelines for sharing information with community partners and staff;
- A plan to ensure consistency in messaging at all levels, to all audiences, ensuring accessibility;
- Consistency of messaging across multiple media platforms to ensure integrated communications;
- Dissemination plans of relevant research findings for each approved research project;
- Guidelines for use of relationships with media channels to share health information;
- Strategies for educating community partners and the public about key public health issues; and
- Methods for issues management and support of key spokespeople.
In the first quarter of each year the BOH will receive a summary of Communications activities including how the Communications Strategy objectives have been met throughout the previous year.
REFERENCES AND RELATED FORMS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Corresponding Policy: CA.45.01.400 Stewardship of Management Operations
1 Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport. (February 2011). Ontario Public Health Organizational Standards (Revised Catalogue No. 015523 ISBN 978-1-4435-5469-5 (PDF)). Ontario. Queen’s Printer for Ontario 2011.
CONTACT FOR INQUIRIES
Director, Administrative Services
Chair of the Board of Health