Category: Information Technology
Subject: Network Security
Policy Number: CA.54.01.108
Effective Date: March 20, 2012
- The Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) network must be secure and protected against internal and external threats such as worms, viruses, and Trojans. A secure and protected network is essential for a public health agency as it deals with personal health information and other forms of sensitive data.
The purpose of this Policy is to ensure appropriate measures are taken for the security of WDGPH’s network.
This policy applies to the Information Technology (IT) Department as they are responsible for network installation/maintenance.
IT Department will:
- Maintain the security of WDGPH networks; and
- Ensure the security of the network includes network hardware connection, firewall protection, remote access, wireless networks, network intrusion detection, file transfer protocol, email security, instant messaging, and electronic commerce.
IT Department along with Program Managers will:
- Inform users what the security measures are, what is expected of them, and what would constitute getting around or breaching the security measures.
- Understand the security measures in place and to not perform any unauthorized action which may compromise the network security.
REFERENCES AND RELATED FORMS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Corresponding Procedure: N/A
CA.54.01.116 System Security
CA.54.01.117 Physical Infrastructure Security
CA.54.01.105 Computer and Internet Use
CA.54.01.110 Remote Access
CA.54.01.106 Email Use