Category: Board of Health
Subject: Compliance Monitoring and Improvement
Policy Number: CA.45.01.302
Effective Date: September 7, 2016
The Board of Health (BOH) for Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) shall ensure the establishment of a compliance monitoring and improvement program for the Agency which includes:
- Development of a risk management strategy and framework;
- Development and implementation of policies, procedures, codes of conduct and internal control practices;
- Ongoing monitoring and auditing of compliance with applicable legislation, relevant standards of practice, Ministry performance targets, Agency policies and procedures and internal controls;
- Implementation of quality improvement activities to address identified compliance or quality issues;
- Regular reporting to the Ministry on performance targets and other reports, as required; and
- Annual reporting and updates to the BOH on the compliance monitoring and improvement program.
The establishment, implementation and maintenance of the compliance monitoring and improvement program shall be the responsibility of the Medical Officer of Health/CEO in consultation with the senior management of the Agency.
This policy applies to all members of the BOH.
Legislation – all legislation pertaining to boards of health and public health units, including, but not limited to the Health Protection and Promotion Act and its Regulations, the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS), and the Ontario Public Health Organizational Standards.
REFERENCES AND RELATED FORMS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Corresponding Procedure: N/A
CA.45.01.100 Strategic Plan
CONTACT FOR INQUIRIES
Office of the Medical Officer of Health/CEO
Chair of the Board of Health