Flu season generally runs from October to April each year. Public Health hosts clinics during the fall where you can get your free flu shot.
Each clinic is run out of the respective WDG Public Health office.
High-Risk Clinics (for individuals who are over 65, pregnant or have a chronic illness)
- Monday October 22 - Fergus: 3-7 p.m.
- Tuesday October 30 - Orangeville: 3-7 p.m.
- Thursday November 1 - Guelph: 3-7 p.m.
Family Clinics (for families, children and the general public)
- Monday November 19 - Fergus: 3-7 p.m.
- Tuesday November 20 - Orangeville: 3-7 p.m.
- Thursday November 29 - Guelph: 3-7 p.m.
Other opportunities to get immunized this flu season
The flu vaccine is also available at pharmacies and from your family physician.
After December 6, 2018 you may book an appointment to get the flu vaccine from Public Health.
- Call 1-800-265-7293 to book an appointment.
- The FluZone High-Dose is publicly funded this year for those 65+ years of age.
Community Flu Clinics
At Minto-Mapleton FHT
7 Brown Street N., Clifford, ON, N0G 1M0
- Thrusday October 25: 8-11 a.m. and 12-3 p.m.
- Thursday November 1: 8-11 a.m. and 12-3 p.m.
Please wear a short-sleeve shirt.
University of Guelph Clinics
There are no U of G flu clinics scheduled at this time.