Influenza (the flu), is a respiratory illness that spreads from person to person. Flu season generally runs from October to April each year. The best defence against the flu is the flu shot and it is recommended for everyone 6 months and older. Immunization against the flu will be important this fall with COVID-19 also circulating in our communities and you can get your flu and COVID-19 vaccines at the same time. The flu shot helps to protect individuals, families and our community and prevents increases in flu-related hospital visits. Learn more on the Influenza and Flu Shot FAQs page or at ontario.ca/flu.
Where can I get a flu shot?
- Please check with your family doctor or primary care provider to book a flu vaccine for ages 6 months and older.
- Contact your local pharmacy to book a flu vaccine for ages 2 and older. Many now carry the high dose flu vaccine for seniors and the regular flu vaccine.
- Public Health is offering flu shots as follows:
- If you have an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine, you will be offered the flu shot at your appointment. There is no need to book a separate flu shot appointment.
- If you would like your flu shot only, appointments are available through the online booking system or by calling 1-800-265-7293 ext. 7006. Check back regularly as new appointments will be added.
NOTE: High dose flu vaccine for seniors is available through pharmacies and primary care providers but not through WDG Public Health at this time.