The resources below are provided to support licensed and unlicensed child care providers in their COVID-19 safety plans and protocols. If you are an unlicensed child care provider, you can be added to our email list to receive valuable updates and resources as they become available. Visit our Unlicensed Child Care Provider Email Sign-Up form to provide your contact information.
COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tools
Who should complete the daily screening tools? The screening tools should be completed daily by any child care staff or visitors and all parents/guardians of children who are attending child care.
Who does the screening criteria apply to? The screening tools are designed to determine whether staff and children should attend child care/school each day. Individuals who do not work at or are attending child care/school are encouraged to follow their individual workplace screening guidelines for COVID-19. All parents/guardians and staff should follow the directions provided in the screening tool including when to stay home and when it is safe to return to child care.
- School and Childcare Screening Tool (Online version for children, staff and school visitors)
Process Maps, Symptoms, Cases and Return to Child Care
For instructions for school staff or students who are experiencing symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been identified as a high-risk contact visit:
- What to do if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19
- WDGPH Childhood Illnesses Reference Guide for Schools and Child Care Centres
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
General Cleaning and Disinfection
- Public Health Ontario - Cleaning and disinfection for public settings
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Cleaning and disinfecting public spaces during COVID-19
- Health Canada - Hard surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers
Food Safety Documents
Posters and Signs
- “Do Not Enter” screening poster
- WDGPH I Still Wear a Mask Because…(Poster)
- Handwashing Posters:
- Please visit our Signs and Posters page for more