Public Health helps people stay well. As an essential part of the healthcare system, we are committed to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
WDG Public Health’s 2020 Strategic Framework has been developed to establish priorities, guide decision-making, align resources and inspire staff. It will build on our past accomplishments and help us define what success will look like amidst the system-wide changes and extraordinary challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic event.
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health uses an innovative approach to deliver evidence-informed programs and services to meet the distinctive needs of our communities
Strategic Priority: Get Ready for Change
WDG Public Health’s strategic priorities provide the framework for our day-to-day work. We have selected four priorities that will transform our mission into action.
Strategic Priority 1: Service Delivery
- Adapt services to improve client experience.
- Ensure services are delivered in an integrated manner that considers our role in the broader sector.
- Expand digitalization of the services we provide.
- Appropriate client access and greater client satisfaction.
- A shift in focus from “how can we fix it ourselves?” to “how can the system best address it?”
- Increased accessibility and efficiency.
Strategic Priority 2: System Transformation
- SLT to conduct group conversations with each program about our role in the system transformation.
- Develop plans and update processes for all administrative areas and IT systems.
- Have everyone ask themselves “how am I getting ready for change?”
- Greater engagement and understanding of what to expect and what we should be doing.
- Updated documentation, a new ERP system, and administrative readiness.
- Enhanced capacity for change agency-wide.
Strategic Priority 3: Knowledge Broker
- Collect, analyze, interpret and disseminate population health data.
- Integrate evidence into policy development and decision-making with the broader public sector.
- Measure impact and effectiveness of community interventions.
- Establish ourselves as experts on public health issues in our communities.
- See our programs and services meeting community needs.
- We understand what is working.
- Value for Money