We can help you plan a healthy and safe pregnancy. We encourage you to explore our services for pregnant women and their families, and to call KIDS LINE to speak with a public health nurse about pregnancy, parenting, and local services.
We’re here to support you through:
- Prenatal classes
- Prenatal breastfeeding class
- Canada Prenatal Nutrition Program
- Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program
- Prenatal newsletter
The last week of our in-class prenatal classes is a breastfeeding class. If you’re not registered for prenatal classes, you and your partner can register for just this class. It’s offered as a two-hour session in the evening. Locations are in Guelph, Fergus, Palmerston, Mount Forest, Orangeville, and Shelburne.
What you’ll learn:
- How to make breastfeeding successful for you and your baby
- How to position and “latch” the baby onto your breast
- When and how often to breastfeed
- The importance of skin-to-skin contact
- How to know your baby is getting enough breastmilk
- How to prevent pain and discomfort
- What partners can do
- Where to get help
How to register
- Register as early as 12 weeks into your pregnancy.
- Register online or call 1-800-265-7293.
- The cost is $20.
- Once classes start, we can’t refund your money without a medical reason.
- Fee can be waived if needed
Note: CPNP will be closed on the following 2014 dates: December 23, 2014 and December 30, 2014; CPNP will be closed on the following 2015 dates: February 17, March 17, April 7 and May 19
Come to our free program in Guelph for pregnant women. You can talk to a nurse and dietitian about:
- Pregnancy, birth, and parenting
- Healthy eating for two
Get free snacks, bus tickets, prenatal vitamins, and gift certificates for food.
You can bring a female support person with you.
The CPNP program is funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
How to register
- Call KIDS LINE: 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616.
- Register before 28 weeks of pregnancy.
- Located at the Shelldale Centre, 20 Shelldale Crescent, Guelph [view Google map ]
- Tuesday mornings from 10:30 a.m. -1 p.m. (no childcare provided)
- Tuesday afternoons from 12:30-2:30 p.m. (free childcare provided)
We also have a program specifically for young women up to age 21: Teen CPNP.
The Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC) program is a home visiting program that supports pregnant women and families with children up to age six.
The goal of the program is to ensure that all children have the healthiest start in life possible.
The HBHC program:
- Helps families find and access community services and supports.
- Ensures families living in difficult or stressful situations get the support and services they need.
- Helps families have the healthiest pregnancy possible and prepare for parenting.
How to join
Call KIDS LINE at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616.