We inspect all personal services settings at least once per year in accordance with the Infection Prevention and Control Best Practices for Personal Services Settings (2009) Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (PDF, 74 pages) protocol. We check to make sure you’re taking the right steps to control the spread of infections.
Personal services settings include, but are not limited to:
- Tattoo and body piercing studios
- Esthetic salons (e.g., spas offering manicures, pedicures, facials, waxing)
- Acupuncture clinics staffed by unregulated health professionals
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Places that do electrolysis
- Tanning salons
Public Health also looks into complaints from the public, provides educational workshops for personal service workers, and provides resources on safe tattooing, piercing, and esthetic services.