Gain a deeper understanding of the challenges – and strengths – of people living in poverty. This one-day workshop will help you partner with individuals to create opportunities for success.
- Examine the impact of poverty on families
- Explore the hidden rules of economic class
- Identify ways to improve relationships
- Develop new tools to better address individuals’ needs
These workshops will be delivered by Certified Bridges Trainer Elaine Weir. The cost is $40.
- November 7, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- New Hope Community Church, 690 Riddell Rd., Orangeville [map]
- To register, contact Juli Griffin at 519-941-6991 ext. 2404 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 16, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Lion’s Club Den Building, 210 Main St. E, Palmerston [map]
- To register, contact Elaine Weir at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4606.
Supported by the Circles initiative of Guelph-Wellington.
You can report immunizations your child has received in four ways:
- Our new online immunization reporting form
- Phone: 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4652
- Fax: 519-836-7215
- Mail: 503 Imperial Rd. N., Guelph, ON N1H 6T9
If you have questions about the postcard or your child’s immunization status, call a 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4749.
Support and encouragement help new moms succeed in breastfeeding. During World Breastfeeding Week, October 1-7, we’re celebrating that support. Read stories from women who found the support they needed to reach their personal breastfeeding goals.
Did you receive breastfeeding support?
If so, tell us who provided that support and how. You could win one of three $50 gift cards. Your story could be featured on our website (but only if you want it to).
To enter, submit your story using our online form.
Find breastfeeding support in your area
- Call KIDS LINE at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616
- Find a breastfeeding clinic or professional support near you
Cholera outbreaks continue in Cuba, Dominican Republic, and Haiti. If you’re planning to travel to any of these places, get more information on the Government of Canada’s Travel Health website.
The vaccine for cholera is a drink called Dukoral. You can buy Dukoral from us by booking a travel clinic appointment. It may also be available at some pharmacies.
Visit the Dukoral website to learn more.